Frequently Asked Questions
No doubt you will want your big day to be perfect and your gift book should be no different! Naturally, you'll have plenty of questions.
Below are a number of questions we're often asked, if there's something you'd like to know that's not in the list, get in touch.
It's free to the bride and groom; the guests just pay a small fee (£4.99) to add a page
It needs to have a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 200 pages.
This portrait recipe book is 21cm x 26cm
Yes, when you set up registration just click the option to allow your guests to buy you vouchers. They will be posted to you along with your completed recipe book. The following stores vouchers are offered: John Lewis, M&S, Debenhams, Next, BHS, House of Fraser, Selfridges, Laura Ashley, Argos, Thomas Cook, B&Q, Homebase.
Yes, once your book is finished we will send you an email with a unique link to buy additional copies. You can also share the link with your friends and family if you would like to allow them to purchase a copy.
It depends on how many people contributed and what the final page total would be. The following are typical costs based on page numbers:
- 0-20 Pages - £37 per additional copy
- 0-50 Pages - £44 per additional copy
- 0-100 Pages - £56 per additional copy
- 0-150 Pages - £67 per additional copy
- 0-200 Pages - £78 per additional copy
A 15% discount will be applied if over 20 copies are ordered.
There are a number of ways to tell your guests that you would like them to help you create a recipe gift book.
- Simply put your unique registration number on your wedding invitations
- Download our free recipegiftbook.com insert card pdf with your name and unique registration number which you can print out at home and enclose with your invitations.
- Request a set of our complementary pre printed insert cards for you to fill in and include with your invitations. Order either 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250
- Let us access your address book and we will send an email to your friends
All the above options will be available when you register
We will send you an automatic email to let you know when a guest has added a page. This will help you keep track of how your recipe book is coming along.
Its simple, just download this printable form and send it to them. They can fill in their recipe details and you can add the recipe online for them. Alternatively they can ring our customer services number 01654 791 261 and speak to one of our helpful staff who can add the recipe online for them and take payment over the phone.
Once all your guests have contributed and the registry has closed (usually two weeks after your wedding) you will then have the opportunity to make minor edits to your recipe book. Once you are happy and have proofed and signed off the content of your recipe book please allow 21 days for delivery.
You will get the chance to proof your book online before you finalize it ready for us to send to the printers. Its your book so we do not proof, edit, or change your content in any way. This means it’s your responsibility to review your book before it published. You will need to check:
- Typos, grammar, unfinished text, or other text errors
- Quality of images, low-resolution images that may appear blurry when printed
- Design issues, including organization, style, colour and layout
You can upload photos from your desktop computer, phone or other device. We support JPEG and PNG images only. Images must be in the RGB colour space (this is the most common colour space for digital images.) An image must be no larger than 10 MB. We recommend that images be between 150-300 dpi to print clearly.
We work with professional book printers to guarantee your satisfaction with the workmanship of your book. In the unlikely event that your book arrives damaged or with a manufacturing defect, contact us within 14 days of receipt and we will work with you to get things fixed. Please also see our guidelines on image quality and proofing your recipe gift book.